Monday, July 30, 2007

Day 01... a success

I think I'd like to preface all of this by noting that my wife of one week is a vegetarian. Telling her I wanted to eat SPAM for 30 days was like telling her that I hated children and all animal babies. Fortunately she has agreed to drive me to the hospital "when the cholesterol strikes."

That being said, guess who had SPAM and eggs for breakfast! Right out of the gate sprinting! That's how I started. Which was easy because I was in the privacy of my own home and not being mocked by my coworkers.

Which is more than I can say for lunchtime - where my handsome SPAM sandwich found about as much appreciation as an elevator SBD.

I'll give you a glimpse:


Not bad, right? Unfortunately, I was the only one who brought lunch into the restaurant, so that was a little awkward. I ordered a beer just to redeem myself as a customer.

Ahh... I have much to learn about taking my canned-meat message to the streets.

Dinner was a little easier. Ashley made SPAM Fried Rice (a very promising sign for the marriage) and aside from a little gas, life is good.


All in all, I'm calling Day 01 a success.

1 comment:

Max said...

Oh man. Not only are you eating a Spamwich, but you're drinking the Champagne of Beers?

If there is anything left of you after this 30 days, we should hang out.

I'll buy the first round.