Friday, August 3, 2007

The joy of sharing

Hey, Friday is picking up! I took a tupperware full of SPAM cubes to Fazolis for lunch today. Now that I'm receiving a little less guff from my coworkers, I thought I'd get back out in the world.

I ordered Fettuccine Alfredo and turned down the chicken add-on, noting to the woman at the counter, "it's okay, I brought something better." She was unamused to say the least.

Back at the table, I yan-can-cooked it up by adding my SPAM cubes to the pasta, and- boom!- SPAMuccine Alfredo was born:


But that wasn't the real miracle of the day...

As I was enjoying my SPAMucine, I noticed my friend Craiggers watching me eat. A moment went by before I paused and turned to him. The entire table quieted. His eyes were aflicker.

My mind immediately went to flashbacks - cafeterias, bullies, mashed potato all over my face... and for a moment I considered bolting for the door. But it was too late.

Craiggers leaned over, stuck his fork into my pasta and took a bite.

Alright... really it was more like, "Hey, can I try that?" And, "Heck yes, I'll even feed it to you." It just seemed like so much more.


Either way, someone in the background was certainly jealous.

No comments: